I'm so close to being done that this setback is maddening.
So I am coping with craft-failure by knitting a rectangle. An effortless waffle-stitch rectangle in Misson Falls Cotton, in a colour that I think of as candy-blue. I'll throw some buttons on it later and make it a cowl. Secretly, I think it's going to be awesome but I almost don't want to type that in case it isn't.
The knitting failure is making me more crazy than usual because some exciting-yet-stressful things have been happening lately. I've received a number of job offers. Plus, I'm interviewing for another desirable position in a a few weeks. Having to decide between positions--all of which have strong and weak points--kind of makes me want to hide under the bed.
- getting job offers
- the prospect of making money for the first time in my life
- the This American Life t-shirt my sister sent me for my birthday
- new rice maker that is also a crock pot!
- watching Six Feet Under for the first time only to find that Rainn Wilson plays a really great minor part in season three
- the fact that Rainn Wilson's wife's name is Holiday Reinhorn
- getting a job, because then I won't continue to become a recluse who secretly considers the Fisher family my personal friends
- deciding between job offers
- making adult decisions like an actual adult
- buying pants that are not jeans (for wearing to new jobs)
- my Liesl cardigan
- my granny's slippers
- the new Lily Allen album (the music is weirdly over-novel and the lyrics read like Lily wrote them all in one night while half-watching TV)
- the new Joss Whedon series (even though I'll keep watching 'till its canceled)